Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Applying for Jobs is a full time job

Well it's been a couple weeks since we found out about David's layoff. I have discovered there really is no nice way of saying your husband lost your job. What's funny is I have never felt panicked. I know our time with this company is limited (as our the paychecks) but I can't help but feel there is something better waiting for us. There are changes we've made financially just in case things don't work out as quickly as we would like, but I have always felt peaceful about the future.

David had an interview with Fayette Co. Schools for an IT position and was extremely excited about it!  He really felt like he was going to get it and was very confident that he would get it. He got a call back a week ago and it turns out he didn't get the job. He was pretty discouraged but we got out of the house and tried to make the best of that night.

Since then he has found lots more jobs he is excited about. Most pay more and have much better opportunities for moving up. I really feel like this is a step in the right direction for us. I feel like this is a time that Heavenly Father is really leading us in the right direction. Hopefully we'll know something more soon!

Jax is doing well. I can't believe he is a year and a half old! I felt so bad that we didn't even celebrate (or realize) until it was too late. I still gave him an ice cream bar the day I realized but didn't feel like I made up for it. He is starting to run EVERYWHERE and is pretty fast! He is also a huge mimic still. Today he was saying "breath", "crazy", "Ssshhh", and a billion other things but those were the cutest. I love him so much I want to have 20 of him! The Duggars are starting to not look so crazy :)

1 comment:

areyoulooney said...

I love your positive attitude. Sometimes its nice for the company to let you go rather than the thought of should I stay and never move up, or should I just go. We keep praying for you all. Send David our love and man hugs!