Thursday, January 3, 2013

Columbus or Bust

Well its facebook official so I guess its time to blog about the big move. This has kind of been in the works for the last new months. David first got wind of this job in November and our interest has honestly been waxing and waning. He loves the position and company but the location is far away from both `our families which is the down side. David also had a TON of other interviews. Were talking like 9 or 10 interviews within a two week period. We thought for SURE we would get another offer (a much closer offer). Finally when push comes to shove, this is the last resort and I guess the direction Heavenly Father decided to push us.

I personally and very nervous about the move. Since we've moved to Lexington I feel like I flourished. I have felt more on top of things here than I have since before Jaxon was born. Probably before I was pregnant! I'm very worried about how moving to a totally different culture and state will shake things up. I'm worried about the ward and housing and pretty much everything. Also we'll be moving to a smaller home temporarily. YEESH!

This has been my biggest test of faith so far. Really, I'm just trying to focus on day to day life. Enjoying Jaxon, spending time with friends, and doing a lot of things I really don't have time to do. I haven't even started packing yet! I'm for sure going to have to have a packing party. Double YEESH! I don't think anyone is good at having people come in and go through all their things.

So that's our big news so far. I guess I'll write about the holidays later since I'm not in the mood after this post. They were very fun since Jax decided it was pretty cool to open the presents and loved everything he got. Davids sister and cousin are also pregnant so it was fun to see them and catch up. He has the best family so any time we get to spend with them is great. We will HATE being so far from them. My family is 30 minutes away and his is about 45 so it will take some adjustment. Anyways, that's our life right now. Any tips on moving would be very helpful!

2 comments:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Im sorry to hear you will be moving, but try to stay positive. I've found that is the only way to survive a move. We have moved lots, (and prepared to move a few times and never actually had to go...*jobs are stressful!*) so I would say the biggest thing is to try and find something--anything you are excited about. For me one time the only thing I could come up with was a raise! Ironically, that was our last move, and I have been praying ever since that we won't have to leave here. So find your one happy place. Cling to that! Being away from family is hard...20 something hours makes ours almost impossible to visit. BUT skype and cell phones make the distance shorter. And remember that making new friends is a slow process, so I find having a hobby I can do alone that makes me happy helps until I can get some friends again! (for me it is scrapbooking) Good luck! wish i was there to help you pack!

areyoulooney said...

Yay! I cannot wait to come visit you up there. We have always lived a few hours from our parents. But its so nice because when you do come to visit, its a big deal and they take time to be with you. As far as packing, start early and throw tons of crap away as you go. I started a month early and kept putting boxes in the dining room, good luck :D