Friday, December 6, 2013

One last post before B-day

So today is probably my last post before our little girl arrives. It is CRAZY how fast this pregnancy has gone. I knew it would. Between working and keeping up with Jax, it was bound to. May I also say THANK GOODNESS it has gone by quickly. This pregnancy has taken it out of me. I remember when I got pregnant with Jax loving EVERY moment. I was never sick, and always felt that "glow". I had an adorable belly and gained practically no weight. YAY! I was heart sick when I thought about the time that would come when I knew I wouldn't be pregnant anymore. This pregnancy has been a tender mercy. It has kicked my butt and me more aware that pregnancy isn't easy! There will be a time when I am ok with this chapter being over, and that honestly helps me a lot.

I haven't gained any weight with the pregnancy which is nice. I actually lost 20 lbs and have gained back 10 putting me 10 lbs below pre-pregnancy weight. That's where the niceness ends. She is SSSSOOO strong her kicks commonly HURT. She has been breech and pinching nerves "down there" and I do NOT have a cute belly with this baby. I have been extraordinarily lucky considering she has been small so far (or should I say I have been carrying small) so I can get all my work done at the preschool.



As for Jaxon, he is absolutely AMAZING! His teacher are amazed with how smart he is and he continues to suprise them. He is the youngest in his class by about 6 months and they tell me weekly that he is the youngest in the class but the smartest as well. He went into school at just over 2 years old knowing his alphabet, counting to 10, and knowing all his colors. Since then he has learned his name, numerous shapes (not just square and triangle), and how to count to 15-17 depending on his mood. The amazing this is he can recognize all the other kids names in the class now as well as how they are spelled! He pays attention to so many little things and surprises us every day.

He is also hilarious. He is so sweet and caring. He has some crazy charisma! Everyone falls in love with him almost instantly. He may be a stinker at times, but he really has a sweet spirit and knows when he's let you down. He clues into so many social ques and really tries to make people smile. We have yet to see the terrible twos, though I think they will emerge when baby sister is brought home.

He is still a SUPER picky eater and bath time is still touch and go. He is obsessed with electronics which I still cringe at, but he takes after daddy. His hair is as wild as can be and has yet to be tamed. He is also pretty obstinate when it comes to going potty. He flat out refuses so we will try again after baby sister.

Things he loves right now:

Monsters University
jumping
lady bugs
his shoes/socks (he ALWAYS wants them on)
anything pink is "baby sisters!"
Kissing baby sister
Kisses on the cheek
snow men (any kind of snow or ice is a snowman)
play dough
magna tiles
legos
assigning familial roles to character in books, tv, or anywhere
fries
any fruit/veggie/dairy product

1 comment:

areyoulooney said...

Aww! I'm so glad you posted. She sounds feisty, I love it. And Jax is also too cute on top of being super smart. Xoxo