Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Staying home

Well it has been a while since I have blogged and it's time to get back into it. Finley is growing up before our eyes! She LOVES to sit straight up an stand on our legs. She has a sensitive tummy, unlike Jax who could eat anything and chooses not to :) She has a BEAUTIFUL smile and I love to see it, but she does make you work for it. She giggles occasionally and it's usually for David or Jax but we take what we can get. She sleeps for long stretches but usually gets up once a night. She is a nuzzler which I LOVE. She has adorable long skinny feet and we are still waiting for her to fit into all of her newborn shoes! I adore this little girl and am so lucky to be her mama!

Jax has been growing like a weed as well! We went to the park on Monday and he made his first friend! He has been in daycare and nursery where he has to be in the same room with people and naturally makes friends. This is the first time he has walked up to someone and befriended them. It was SO cute. This little girl who was about 5 was riding her bike when Jax ran over and said," Hi! I'm Jaxon!" and she responded with her name. We didn't really catch it but I think it was Athena. Then she circled back around and he showed her his jacket and blue ball that he brought. She looked a little weird-ed out but then as she was about to ride away she asked if he would be her friend! After that she would ride by and talk to him and even said "Bye Jaxon!" When she left. It may seem silly, but it was such a proud, touching moment! You always wonder about whether your kids will fit in, or be happy and confident and for those 5 minutes, I could see Jax was ok. He could do it on his own, that someone was able to see what I see in him. He's amazing. I would be lying if I said I didn't tear up. I was so proud of him.

In other news, he is hilarious in the things he says now. He tell us he's proud of us, he loves us, that were funny or silly and it melts my heart. Monday we dropped David off to get his car and as we pulled out he said "Bye Honey! I love you Honey!" to David. He happened to be out of the car already and didn't hear but it was so sweet and heartfelt. He also loves to cuddle and gives "Lovies" when he is ready for bed or just feeling like getting some attention.

Lately he has been seeing a "mouse" in the house. It's not a real mouse, we don't really know what it is, but we do know he is afraid of it. He will randomly scream and run over and tell you about the scary mouse. I've heard of kids having imaginary friends, but never and imaginary enemy. Crazy kid. I think it is just a phase and he will get over it, but time will tell. For now, we just try to tell him he is safe and loved.

We are starting to look at homes to buy which is exciting! We have to top contenders which are only two streets away from each other in the same neighborhood, but we will see if it all works out. We can't wait! Jaxon needs a yard so badly. He loves being outside and condo life just isn't for him (or the dog). I will update more later, we should be seeing the houses Friday (hopefully). YAY!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Meg! My name is Heather and I have a question about your blog that I was hoping you could answer! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)