Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Breakin in the hubby

So i cannot believe that is has been almost 11 months since we got married! It seems so quick. The last couple months have ZOOMED by. I was a little scarred before we got married, not about marriage to david, but just marriage in general. Everyone says the first year is the hardest and that there are a lot of trials and getting used to one another. I haven't seen ANY of that luckily. Being married to David is the easiest, most natural thing in my life. I know there will be hard times in the future but i just thank Heavenly Father everyday for my relationship with David and our time together. He really is great. Lately he's been cooking dinner for me that's ready when i get home! It is such a relief to come home and not have to worry about what to make and what we have and all that stuff.

We were going to go away for our anniversary, but it's on a sunday and he graduates that saturday, so a staycation it is! Any ideas on a way to make it extra special in light of his graduation AND our anniversary would be great! I'm really out of ideas at this point. Or shall i say, have too many to chose from :) I can't WAIT!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

I felt the same way about our first year. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. But it never did. After 3 years of marriage we still have never yelled at each other nor had a wicked bad fight. I attribute it to constant communication. We've had our struggles but they have mainly been us against the world...not against each other. I've loved married life! :]

As far as staycation ideas, its fun to get a hotel room, even if it's in the next town over. There is something about staying in a hotel room and going out for a nice dinner that keeps the romance going. We've done that a couple of times and it is a ton of fun. And nothing says you have to do so on your actual anniversary. Doing it the weekend before as a surprise is always fun. Catches them off guard. This year we went on a trip 2 weeks before our anniversary because we couldn't get time off on our actual day. It was fun to get away and to be together. Good luck and happy planning!

Isaac and Leanne said...

Nancy's idea is great. Just go check into a nice hotel for the night and get room service or go out for dinner! It feels like your on vacation even if you're just 5 mins from home!

Jessie said...

I thought and thought about this and I agree with both of the comments. Just staying in hotel and relaxing and not having to rush anywhere is awesome. Also, not having to do the dishes or make the bed is fun too!! Enjoy!

Claudia said...

I can't lie, I did tear up a little bit reading that, I'm so happy that you guys are still so happy together. Everytime I'm surfing through my planner I see that your anniversary is coming up, I'm so excited for you! I wish I could think of something more original than going out to dinner, or a steamy bubble bath, lol. I'm sure you will come up with somethign great. I hope this year was everything you dreamed it would be and more!