Saturday, November 7, 2009

Whoops!

So last monday was a pretty typical day. Work, dinner, relaxing, talking to my sister. Then David decided he would take myah out, and a few minutes later i hear my name. Kind of odd considering you don't need much help to sit there while your dog runs around on her leash, but i go outside and see david on all fours in the wet FREEZING cold grass asking me to take the dog.

I immediately think that she has jumped on him and had some bad aim, if you know what i mean. So i put the puppy inside and go to get him but he will not move or tell me what's wrong. Apparently, as he told me about twenty minutes later when we finally get him over the car port step and up the steps to our house, he went to hop off the porch and landed in a pot hole created by our little ball of mischief herself!

My poor husband's ankle was HUGE! We figured it wasn't broken but it was sprained pretty good. We had a friend get us some crutches and gave him some pain medicine but the rest of the week everything was on me.

You really don't realize how much of a team effort marriage is until you have to do everything yourself. Cooking, cleaning, shopping, taking the dog in and out, getting him drinks, ice, fixing his bandages, and everything! I am SOOOOOOO thankful that he is back in business (more or less) and able to help me with everything again!

He really couldn't stand the crutches and tried to get off them as soon as he could. Not because he was trying to be tough but he has a pinched nerve and it effects his right arm (shooting pains, tingling, numbness, etc) which happens to be the sprained ankle side too.

I need to start taking better care of this poor guy! Pictures to come

No comments: