Thursday, February 18, 2010

Just "Dropping" By

So growing up I LOVED visitors. There was nothing better than hearing the doorbell ring. All the dogs would run to the door and you can feel the excitement and anticipation as you race to the front door to see who it is. The only disappointment was the occasional door to door salesman.


As I grew up and moved out on my own I still enjoyed people stopping by because it was usually a girlfriend popping by to say hi or David coming to suprise me. It didn't get much better than that!


Little did I know that when you are in your own house and a newlywed (even though we have been married 14 months I still consider us newlyweds) people "drop by" like crazy! Everyone and their uncle just stops in! I don't mind if it's a visiting teacher or someone who is just making sure were ok but we get neighbors, random people, salesman, people coming by to say our dog is cute and all the most random stuff ALL THE TIME! I don't think it would bug me so much if they didn't stay so long but they generally do.


I shouldn't mind this but a lot of times they are interrupting cleaning, cooking, or other just relaxing. I have never known so many people to just come over and invite them selves in for a quality night at the applegates.


Maybe it's not just us, maybe this is a common thing and I'm being touchy but I like my alone time! Also, I generally in jammies ASAP when I get home so I always have to dash to my room and harness the dog and try to make myself presentable.


Bah Hum Bug to the front door! Am I alone in this?

No comments: