Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fear Not Faith

I know your probably not supposed to blog on sundays but I wanted to while it's still fresh. I had been pretty discouraged lately about David not getting a job. The first month I was okay because he was getting a break. It was nice for me to see him relax and get to do things he wanted to do! The second month I had so much hope that he'd find something soon and couldn't wait to see what/where it would be! The end of the this third month has been a little challenging though. These last couple days I've felt a lot of worry and anxiety about not finding anything so far. I get my hopes up a lot and although that's the way I prefer to be, it gets a little wearing after a while.

This morning was ward conference and the Bishop got up to talk and what was the talk about?

Living by Faith, Not Fear.


Perfect! Today was so uplifting and it really let me know that I was being watched over and protected. Things will work out and eventually David will be employed and we can start moving towards things we want like my education, saving for a house, kids, cars, etc. It was really uplifting and refreshed my optimism towards this point in our lives.

This is a great time for us because we are married and on our own. We have experiences that in a few years we will wish we could go back to at certain times I am sure! We can travel whenever we want (not much lately due to $ but we still dream of it!) we can buy the foods that we want, stay up as late as we want, laugh as loud as we want, clean when and wherever we want.

It's just an amazing time and while these few months there is alot of unknown I should appreciate it and realize that this time is limited. Someday we will get an itch to have a few kids and start to really settle down but for right now it's just us and I can't wait to see what's in store for us!

p.s.- thanks to my lovely sister for changing my super cute background!! She's pretty awesome

2 comments:

Laura said...

I just read your first sentence, and I must say...I think blogging is one of those perfect things to do on Sunday. Just my opinion...You're documenting your life! It's like writing in your journal! Definitely a Sunday thing to do.

kappesklan said...

No worries...something good will come your way soon!! (hopefully in Morehead) ;)

Oh..by the way...CUTE BACKGROUND!!