Monday, March 1, 2010

coach calipari

So I work at a print shop and have been training a new girl. When the new girl was not in the front today I went up to make a couple copies for a guy who was waiting patiently. I had seen him before but his story was really neat so I thought I would share it.

He went up to Coach Calipari's office to give him something for his birthday ( I don't know what or why because I was entering the information into the machine at this point and was not listening very well). He talked briefly with Coach Calipari and this guy, lets call him Joe, mentioned that his 6 year old daughter LOVES DeMarcus Cousins.

A couple weeks later, Joe gets something in the mail from Calipari. It is not only a program signed by DeMarcus Cousins, it is a note from him saying thank you for coming up for his birthday and some sweet things to Zoe. How nice is that!? The autographed picture would have been great by itself but a letter from John Calipari is so sweet and thoughtfull!

So this little 6 year old girl decided to say thank you she would write her own note and give both Demarcus Cousins an autographed basketball picture of herself, but also send one to Coach Calipari.


Is that not a sweet sweet story? Not only is he an amazing coach (from what I hear. I really don't keep up with that stuff) he is honestly a thoughtful guy! Who would've known.

No comments: