Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Not so subtle

So Myah has started something pretty interesting lately. The other day we were sitting at home relaxing a little bit. Myah had been pretty good that day and was enjoying the nice weather outside. When we brought her in she started playing with her toys and brought her food bowl to us. I thought she was just trying to play with it (AKA eat it) so I scolded her and put it back. She did this a few more times before we finally put it on the counter.

The next night we were sitting in bed and she jumped up with her water bowl. David noticed that she wasn't playing with it like a normal toy though so he suggested I give her water and see if that's what she wanting. He was mostly kidding thinking she would leave it alone if it was full. So I took it, FILLED it with water (which we hardly ever do because she just makes a mess) and went back in my room.

Five minutes later there she was again with the EMPTY water bowl.

SOMEHOW she has decided that whenever she wants food or what she will just bring us the particular bowl that she wants and get us to fill it up. Who does that!? I think it is so funny that she has figured this out and is pretty nice now since we don't have to check her water and food that often or worry about the food going stale because she doesn't want to eat it right at that moment.

Our dog taught herself a trick! We knew our little mutt was smarter than she looks :)

1 comment:

Jonathan and Sarah said...

Ok that is seriously cool! I wish my dog could teach himself that one too!