Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bored Birthday post

Okay so today I am SUPER bored so I thought I may as well blog about Jax's Birthday. There are lots of pics on facebook so I'll only include the highlights but I really wish I knew how to make slide shows for a blog so I could just put one at the bottom. 

So I woke up with David around 7 so I could be ready and dressed before Jax woke up. He ended up waking up early so it was a rush to get the balloons ready and in the hallway. We didn't want to put any IN his room because he would probably see them at 5 am and there would be no getting him back to sleep. The hilarious thing was he peeks under the door when he wakes up so he could see the ballons and he was calling out to them. He would say "Balloon!? Red... Green... Blue... BALLOON!!!". It was super precious. His little hands were under the door reaching for them and everything. Finally we got him away from the door so we could open it and he tried to hug each balloon before herding them down the steps. He wanted them all downstairs so he could play with them all day. 

We tried to make him feel special and let him have whatever he likes the most for his birthday, or whatever he wanted within reason. For breakfast we had doughnut holes with sprinkles (fail), fruit snacks, (he ate some and fed the rest to myah our dog), and banana which he had about 3 bites of. Then I let him sit on the couch with my kindle as long as he wanted and watch what he wants. 

Yes as sad as it is, my son can turn on almost any device in the house, find netflix or hulu, and knows how to switch on Thomas. YES I am ashamed but honestly he just catches on quick, we don't spend THAT much time watching TV. I'll just claim he takes after his dad. As we speak he is surfing netflix trying to find a new cartoon to watch. *sigh*. 

ANYWAYS, the rest of the day was pretty standard. We ate lunch (pizza) and then put him down for his nap. David got home late that night so instead of going to dinner like we planned we had to have daddy grab something. He got yogurt, fries, and fig newtons for dinner. Like I said, anything he wants for the day. Presents went well. We gave him some Thomas trains, lots of books, bubbles, chalk, and big boy undies which we let him try on. 

He is having a small party at my sisters this weekend so that should be super fun. It's Thomas themed but were not doing anything crazy. I'm trying to keep it under $100 food and everything included. 

It snowed on his birthday which wasn't a big surprise. This kid attracts snow! The night he was literally born, we drove an hour in the freezing rain and snow to get to the hospital, last year on his birthday it snowed, and this year as well. We got about 6 inches in Columbus! He loved it but after the puke incident was not allowed to play much outside since I didn't want him sick for his party.

Well that's about it for now. I'll do a post on Columbus next week hopefully. There had better be more to report than there is now! We've both been a little stir crazy not being able to do much. Here's to a better week next week.






















1 comment:

areyoulooney said...

Aww I love it! Happy Birthday Jax. We love you! I cannot believe he is two. And he is so big I cannot believe he is only 2, haha.