Sunday, March 3, 2013

Puke-o-rama 2013

Sssssssoooooooo We have been pretty lucky when it comes to Jax's health. So far he has never been "sick". He has had three runny noses and one slight cough. Well today he made up for it.

Whilst sitting in CHURCH during testimony meeting, Jax is standing on the back pew, facing the back of the room. I look over at him because he's being sweet and all of the sudden he just GUSHES! Purple puke everywhere. Down the pew, the floor behind us, him, me... EVERYWHERE. YUCK!

At this point I am dumbfounded (quite literally). I sit there trying to comprehend what to do since I have never been in the situation, much less in church! I "whisper scream", as David later described it, to my clueless husband that Jax has spewed blue corn chips and grape juice all over and stand up to take care of Jax assuming he would gather that I need him to clean up the pew. He later told me he had no idea what he was supposed to do about it but started to clean up with the baggie of wipes I had brought and the lady in front of us spared some wipes for the cause.

Poor Jax's little white shirt was covered as were his pants. In my shock, I tried to cover his mouth causing a good portion of the puke to soak into his clothes. Luckily we brought another sweater that was unaffected by the puke and we took off his white shirt and put him in a clean sweater and tried to leave ASAP. I took Jax out to the car and David went and explained to the bishop what happened and asked to put a sign up for the ward after us to steer clear of that row.

All in all it was an eventful day but SO GROSS! The kid knows how to make things count that's for sure. Hopefully the puking is over and we can enjoy the day. We felt like we should steer clear of people in case he's contagious and I was covered in puke so our day was just pretty much shot. Oh, the day in the life of an Applegate!

No comments: