Saturday, October 23, 2010

Boy Oh BOY!!

Well for those of you who don't have facebook we had the ultrasound on Thursday and MUCH to our surprise we are having a boy!!!!

We knew it was the season for boys but could NOT have been more shocked. We were 100% convinced it was a girl. We had a few little out fits and I had everything all planned out. I even had a 13 piece comforter set (which was WAY on sale so I had to get it).

We went to the appointment and the doctor asked us what we thought it was. We all confidently replied girl and she proceeded with the ultrasound. Even the technician refered to the baby as a girl since she had seen it was the common consensus. She looked at the brain and spine and some other things first before moving to the "parts".

She had already said that he was sitting down on my bladder, which I have definitely felt, and that it would be hard to find the gender. Once she started looking she was a little surprised that she got a clear shot. My boy is DEFINITELY not shy! We got multiple good shots of the "proof" and also got them throughout several different times during the ultrasound!

Our poor little guy has been called a "she" for the past 5 months but hopefully can recover in the coming 5. It has been hard to restart all my planning and gear it towards boys. I don't see all the "cute" things out there like I do for girls. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY excited about HIM it's just hard to get excited about the accessories like I was for a girl.

We do agree more on names for boys so that is a hidden blessing. We still don't have anything we really like but are working on that. We will probably wait a while longer until we HAVE to decide. So that is our good news and we are so glad we could share it with you! Boy oh boy has this baby been a shock in EVERY way and we love him that much more for it!!!!


1 comment:

MarciaAnne said...

Congratulations!! Baby boys are great. You two will be such fun parents.