Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Feeling like Noah

Somehow I never seem to remember to blog about the big things that happen. I think my life is pretty uninteresting most of the time. I am VERY happy with uninteresting though because it means there is no drama!

Anyways last Wednesday it had been raining really hard for few days and the basement apartment we live in tends to flood. David's parents live upstairs and his mom came down to check the room where the flooding usually starts (food storage room) and all was dry.

She stayed down and talked for about 3o minutes and I decided to go to bed. I accidentally woke David up and when he turned over to turn off his lamp on the night stand I heard, "Did Myah pee?"
When I looked down I knew what we were in for.

Luckily we caught it in pretty good time. Unluckily our place is mostly carpet. With only one large shop vac and one small one David and his dad were losing the battle. I rushed to walmart to pick two more large shop vacs.

Four hours after the whole ordeal started and at 2:30 am we decided to put on the fan and HUGE humidifier we also bought and call it a night. Nothing was ruined and we were safe. The best news? Jax slept through the WHOLE thing and had no idea anything was going on. My amazing husband even went to work the next day. It was a long night for all of us (David's parents helped us out a TON) but in the end we are so lucky we were up to catch it!

Now we just have to put everything back in its place. LOTS and LOTS of work ahead of us.

1 comment:

areyoulooney said...

Megs you are so cute! I am glad everything went okay. Jax sounds amazing.