Friday, May 13, 2011

Is it worth it?

The other day David gave me the house bug. He said he was looking around at pricing and such and then I caught the bug as well. Anyways so I was looking at a few (hundred) houses the last few weeks and found one I really love.

I wanted to know if any one has heard or has opinions on fixer-uppers. Are they worth it in the long run? The house is an AMAZING price and the inside is VERY nice, it just needs cosmetic things on the outside from what we've seen.

Any advice at this point would be great. Should we wait, or can a nice project be a good thing? Help! :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

Can he do the work himself? And if it's mostly outside stuff that needs work, it won't disrupt your daily life, so that's a good thing. One thing I've heard is that doing a kitchen or bathroom remolding WHILE living in the home is the worst thing in the world. So as long as you're not doing that, then you'll probably be okay! :) Owning a home is awesome, though!

Jenn said...

The house brian and I bought was was a really great price and a fixer upper...If he could do the work its totally worth it :)