Thursday, May 12, 2011

My little faker

Jaxon has discovered faking. He has always been a tricky little guy. He makes the most awful faces to make you think he is crying and then won't. While we are used to this little quirk that he has done since he was literally 3 hours old, it makes some people who hold him a little on edge.

Recently however his expertise has been fine tuned. He has now learned how to fake cough and also that sticking his upper lip out are both things that will get him picked up. I recently had a cold and despite my best efforts he got it too. When he would cry he would also cough so I would pick him up instead of letting him cry it out.

Now he has discovered all it takes is a few fake coughs (that always stop the second I pick him up) is all it takes to get some cuddle time. It took his mommy a little while to figure out that this is what he was doing though! I never thought babies this small would know to do that kind of thing but after close observation for the last week (which he has been cold free) I have determined my little boy is quite the little actor.

He also had his two month check up so here are the results:

Weight - 15.7 lbs (97th percentile)

Length - 23.5 in (90th percentile)

Head - 16.5 in (96th percentile)

The doctor also told me since he is so big I have to give him the same dose of Tylenol that a 5 month old would get and that he is the size of a 4-5 month old, not a brand new two month old. Crazy little guy!!

They also said he was advanced in his talking and motor skills. Maybe this is because he hasn't stopped talking or moving since he was born. We are very proud of Jax and hopes he keeps up the good reports!!

No comments: