Monday, May 2, 2011

Step 1- coupons

Before I got married I felt very domestic. I could cook, keep my area clean, do artsy stuff, scrapbook, etc. It was not until I got married and started paying attention to my married friend's domestic skills that I started to see how much skill I lack! I think in an lds society this is a more common feeling than people express. I refuse to get myself down and instead am starting to focus on one thing a month I can improve on. Small steps.

My first step is to learn to use coupons! I have been addicted to the TV show "extreme couponing" and was inspired. I have informed my husband I won't be going to the same extremes but if I save anywhere from 15-30 a shopping trip I would be happy. Since I am planning which coupons I have and what I need to use I also have started planning a menu of healthy foods.

This technically counts as 2 things this month but they go hand in hand. I ordered a healthy cooking magazine that I had purchased at the store a few times and LOVE the recipes. When the magazine comes I LOVE to get out the scissors and go to town! By the end of my rampage there is hardly any magazine left. I then put the recipes in a accordion folder that is filed in sections. I also love the organization and how easy it has been start.

I am still deciding what step 2 will be. I'm thinking I will start trying to do my laundry better. I have never been a great laundress so tips or hints would help!!!

Anyways Jaxon is doing great. He's been sick lately (I gave him my cold which was just a stuffy nose and cough) and he is such a trooper! He will cough and sneeze and have his nose running and sit there smiling at me and start cooing. He also has slept like a champion. I love this little guy and I am amazed that he is getting big enough that I can start seeing how much he loves me! Motherhood is AMAZING!

1 comment:

Laura said...

With laundry, you have to decide if you're a "get it all done on one day, the same day each week" kind of girl, or a "do one (or two, in my case) load a day to keep the piles away" kind of girl. I like the second, if I can remember to keep up with it, but I often still have to have a one day a week catch up day when I plan to stay in until EVERYTHING is clean, ironed, and put away. That's usually Monday, so I avoid scheduling ANYTHING on Monday to make sure that works. Laundry is a BEAR, though. And with every kid comes more of it, not to mention that the older ones get bigger and so do their clothes! AHHH!!! Good luck!